Sign in to follow this  
myndzi

Tags

Heh, we pretty much agreed that tags in our handles will be the best all around solution for showing our presence. A squad would conflict with "real" squads, and banners are kinda tiny and not very noticeable. PL has suggested "SWZ>", but I think it's a bit too general that way. I much prefer "Force>" or perhaps SWZF, or something along those lines; the only problem is it's a few chars longer, and tags will already cause problems for members with long names. (I count three at the moment; Pharao's Legacy, Shockwave Alberto, yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoy)

I would really like to see everyone use tags, and use the *same* tags as everyone else; my hope is that a visible sign of our presence will help make it obvious when we are "working", and help to associate fun, flagging, and good sportsmanship with our group. As PL said, we need to lead by example (and I couldn't agree more), but currently if we all use our usual handles on our usual squads with our usual banners, there's not really any easy way for people to notice that there's a group of players working to get some good flagging going for them. It'd be nice to see people encouraged to flag just by our very presence.

So, my question is this: would you agree to use a tag, even if it means you need to abbreviate your handle? And what would you prefer to use for said tag?

-splice

I'm game for taggies. "Force" would be the best tag I think. It sounds/looks teh coolest.

<Force>

[Force]

^Force

*Force

Force^

Force*

/Force\

\Force/

Perhaps a vote on what characters to use with it? Assuming everyone is okay with a tag, and also okay with Force being that tag...

ph34r.gif

I think those all look silly personally tongue.gif "Force>" would be my choice; isn't that how they used to be formatted? I forget... (Also it's one less char than using brackets)

Pft, I didn't mean it that way. I just have a thing for silly extraneous characters. That includes my squad name, unfortunately. It does need some sorta separater though, otherwise it'd be like a different name. "Force splice" ... sounds rather kinky >:D

i love my name to death, and i usually don't like to change it, it's some sort of security thing i guess. but for the sake of this little theme we got goin on, i wouldn't mind using a banner. maybe someone should make a force banner anyways. if it's just a large "F" it would be noticeable enough.

everyone would be like wtf but they'll know if enough people use it.

if not, i guess i wouldn't mind tagging my name with at most an <F> or something

kr1z [F] or something like that

You could rip off D'Squad and simply add F' to your names:

F'Pharaoh's Legacy

F'yoyoyoyoyoyoy

F'splice

Changing your name, or making an alias to play on as the case would be, won't be any more dangerous to security than using the one you use now.

Banner: I experimented a little earlier and came up with something that I've been wearing. I still think it wouldn't be as blatant as I would like, however.

F'pfffffft.

The main reason I was against banners is because most people like the ones they carry (especially since banners frequently are tied to your squad), and really.. they aren't that obvious in most cases.

Using banners seems simpler than going through creating a new nickname with a tag in front of it to me. I think the main thing about banners not being noticed are that they are usually either in dull colours, or when a squad is on, there are multiple variations of the squad's banner. I know there are some 300-400 zeta banners at least.

However, if you do decide on tags, please make it at the END of the name tongue.gif I just think that it looks better, ie kr1z's suggestion would work for me.

Sign in to follow this