Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh's Legacy

Instructions

The following instructions may go against what you may have become accustomed to doing over the years in SWZ. However, they are what used to be done by almost the entire population when SWZ was at it's peak. They require a modification of how you approach the game and how you leave it.

It is understandable that some may find it difficult to devote all their playing time to one type of play for an extended period, especially when they've become accustomed to seeing other types of play (e.g. centre-killing, centre-flagging, taking flags to nme base, or even other zones) as more fun.

That's why our first "offensive" will last only one week. There are two main things that you can be secure in the knowledge of that make just one week very doable: 1) it's only one week, and; 2) considering that, if you're good at what you're trying to do then you'll not only be having fun (the way you did when you became addicted to SWZ), but you will be securing the promise of a great future for SWZ by making it the greatest place in SS to play again.

This is also why the details weren't released until now. If some members read them and start to do it alone then their results will be limited by their lone efforts and would not last throughout the day as the SWZ Force hopes to accomplish. This may be discouraging and eventually they may have become fed up. Then they may not continue to put in as much dedication as when they began, or they may stop entirely. One determined person can achieve great results, indeed. Imagine how motivating it would be when an entire Force of dedicated people work together - for one dedicated week - to achieve that much more than one person alone, and to continue and support each other's efforts so that an individual effort isn't lost.

These are the instructions:

SWZ Force presence:

• Join the public chat line.
  • Put our tag in front of your name during this week.
  • Where possible, make sure at least one SWZ Force member is on each freq.
  • You don't need to go out of your way to be nice to people, but don't drive them away. It's important that people feel welcome in SWZ.

Flagging instructions:

• Get your freq to flag. You are the game starters.
  • When a game ends, start another. This is the tough part. It's everyone's instinct now to spec or leave when a game ends. If you "need" to leave, then why did you wait 'till the game ended? SWZ Force members should only leave during games. Start one, then leave. If you "need" to leave, the "end" for SWZ Force members is when you freq's base is established (do you remember when people felt a responsibility towards their freq and would only leave when they were secure in the knowledge that home base was okay?).
  • No matter how a game ends, don't get upset. Start another immediately.
  • Increase the skill level for flagging in SWZ.
  • Use the staff. If things seem to be shaping up unfairly (e.g. teams too uneven or someone cheating) use ?help or ?cheater.
  • Do what you can to make SWZ THE flagging zone by creating an environment of competition and good sportsmanship. Be that Force.

May the SWZ Force be with you!

-PL

There isn't an official tag chosen yet, but the more I think about it, I don't think we even need tags. We all have the force chat, and I don't think it's absolutely necessary that we tag our names, it's not like we need attention anyways. Let's just get out there and flag.

Remember to join the chat. ?chat=theforce

EDIT: Why did I sign with my name? lol

Well, since there appears to have been some rather disinterested discussion (and aside from a few people who flat out refused), I've gone ahead and started using "Force>" with my name. I also have a banner, but I don't really care about that. Unless anyone presents a decent argument for another string, consider that the "official" tag, and please use it when you are playing for us.

hindsight: about your comment re: chat making them unneccesary; the tags aren't solely to help us recognize each other, but more to help the zone recognize us.

-splice

Yes Code. You can have up to 10 chats. Click on profiles and on that screen you will find "chats" with a space to enter them in. Enter in each chat separated by a comma with no spaces, like this:

theforce,blahblah,yabadabadoo,ummarules etc, etc

In the game you speak on the chats in the order that they are entered on the chats menu. So you would type ";hello" to speak on theforce chat, and ";3;hello" to speak on the yabadabadoo chat, as it is the third one on the list.

QUOTE (Code Red @ Oct 15 2004, 08:48 AM)
is there a way to join multiple chats all at once?

how long do you play this game? tongue.gif

lol, I've played on and off since the day subspace was released on the shelves as a CD-ROM and we actually had to BUY the damn thing

I never really questioned, nor seeked these lil things in the game. I just flew around, shoot, die lots, and flag

Sign in to follow this