Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh's Legacy

Prep

Last week while playing I watched many of our current Force members and the way they played. Many of you have expressed agreement to things we've posted about needing to change our attitudes, and all of you agreed to the principles that the Force is based on when signing up. I realize it's difficult to simply adopt a new approach to how you see and play the game, but if you do see the right of it, then you know it should - and needs - to be done.

I had to face the sad truth, though, that even those who agreed to these principles don't necessarily abide by them, or they don't understand them, despite joining this movement. I had hoped that we would be on the same page when we began, but it doesn't seem to be possible.

It shouldn't be that difficult for you who decided to join the SWZ Force to adjust to this new approach. I know this because the reason you joined is your dedication to flagging and to SWZ. All what the SWZ Force asks really, when it boils down to it, is that you, the SWZ Force, foster an environment of high levels of competition and good sportsmanship.

The principles and ideas posted earlier all revolve around those two key concepts. The current state of SWZ is one where competition and good sportsmanship is virtually non-existent, and the playerbase don't even realize it. Even many of those who think they do (realize it) reinforce the bad attitudes with many of the things they do.

It is very important that the SWZ Force stands to mean the pinnacle of the flagging experience. It should take a little time for us all to adjust, but we must remain determined and have faith in each other. But if any member regularly displays an openly bad attitude, they can't remain a member and will have to be removed.

We can't all start on the same page, so please be patient with each other. We'll learn as we go along. If one Force member points out something they feel goes against our principles that you may have done, keep an open mind and don't take offence. If you feel the need to point such a thing out, be cautious on how you approach it. This is a process, and we all have conflicting ideas. But we are all here because we share a common, burning desire to see SWZ succeed.

So this is it. Your chance to save SWZ. You are the SWZ Force!

-PL

Note that most, if not all, of the ideas I have posted were for the primary purpose of engendering discussion, so that I could further clarify the concepts in my own mind. I don't get much discussion 'round here though. Either way, the discussion is quite different from action, and while I have discussed what I think would be good and what I would like to see, I haven't set about applying these things yet. I had planned to do so with the launch of Force, so now I am working on it.

You will note that I have been quite aware of my own bad habits as well, and readily admit to them smile.gif Now's as good a time as any to try and change that.

-splice

Pl:

Don't get discouraged. A few of us have lately been starting games, despite not having a coordinated launch of our campaign, and these games have turned out very well for the most part. So the idea of having at least at least 1 Force member on each team works in getting games going; starting a new game once one has finished has worked also but I haven't seen this as much. For me these are the most important parts of our group and by doing this repeatedly hopefully will cause everyone else in the zone to catch the flagging bug and flagging will once again become what it once was.

I am in total concordance that attitudes need to change in the zone, but don't get too down if someone has an occasional outburst, like me smile.gif Believe it or not, but my attitude has changed in the past while and I am always working to improve it, but I think we have to allow for the occasional episode and not get too flustered about it. I would be much more concerned if members started slacking and weren't doing their jobs by balancing teams and starting games.

Now I would like for us to finally officially get this thing kicked off and I would like to see a decision made regarding the tags vs. banners issue. If it will make it easier and appease everyone in the group then I say we just go with a banner. This is a very simple matter and for it to drag on as long as it has is silly. Next thing is that we need an official date for our efforts to take effect and this should probably be e-mailed to all members so that we don't have to rely on people reading the forum. Lastly, and this is very important, I want to see every damn member on chat as of now. I have seen many members in the zone since the chat has been made public but hardly any of them are on the chat. So please everyone get on the chat so that we can communicate and get this going. The chat has been very useful so far when starting games and discussing ideas. Maintaining communications during games is also critical. I believe we are also supposed to keep track of zone population during the 1 official week of Force activity, so let's not forget that.

p.s. the chat is theforce

I compltely agree with umma. We all play a little different which should be no suprise. Everyone HAS to be on the chat. we can coordinate games easier and help eachother out. If your not onm the swz think tank chat, you might as well join that as well. We need all the help we can get, and from what I've seen its only a few of us really trying to get flagging back to what it was. I dont mean to complain but I am getting fustrated with people who dont try and help out the losing freq because "I need the points" . Thats not an excuse, switch teams make them even and screw the points. Make the game better for everyone else with your sacrafice. Thats my 2 cents.

-espee

p.s. use the freaking banner please

Sign in to follow this