Sign in to follow this  
myndzi

Flagging, Jackpots, Winning, Milking....

Here is my opinion on this stuff.

There are three stages to a game: pregame, midgame, endgame. The pregame happens when people are gathering flags and obtaining bases. The midgame is when both sides have some flags in a base, and the endgame happens when one team has all the flags.

You should not expect any team to offer you a chance to win in the endgame. As far as you are concerned, the game should be over, but you still have an opportunity to salvage it so do what you can.

I have found that the midgame is the part of the game that offers the most opportunity for both fun and population growth. Milking prolongs the endgame, which is why I generally avoid it when at all possible.

If nobody turns the pregame into the midgame, people wander off to spec or other zones / other games. This is a big part of our job.

Small vs large games: if a game ends quickly, it's because there weren't many players or the teams were too unbalanced. If you keep winning games, eventually the teams will balance out, or enough people will show up, and you will end up with a nice long big jackpot game. After this game, lots of people will spec to rest a bit, though not as many seem to flat out leave as at other times, like a center game win.

Because of this, my personal goal is to endeavor to push games into the midgame by not getting all the flags at the start, and often even neuting in bases for both teams, and then trying to create an attack/defend situation. Once this happens, I will do what I can to help my team win the game, then start over again with the next one.

If you have new information for me that you feel changes any of this, please do let me know smile.gif

-splice

I like what splice said here. Though it also helps if we switch freqs to help out the losing freq. Lately, and I do this also, I have found that we get 3-4 force members on one freq, and when we get all the flags, we tend to stay on the same freq. It makes sense, since we flagged, and worked hard to get the flags. We need to get some people to switch freq's to encourage the losing team out. I talk on the Incoming! chat, to ask a dead fish, umma, subby, and others to switch to losing freq. It's a shitty thing to do, but then againwhat are you doing with your points anyways? No need unless you a super freak.

-Sp

p.s. please help noobs, not just kill them in center, give them tips, and advice.

I never felt that it was required to switch once you are winning, but before that happens if you notice the teams unbalanced it's a good idea. Noone should have to give up the pot they worked for. That said, if you *want* to, it can't hurt. I've been known to hop when I see it's hopeless for the other team just to see if I can make the difference...

Sign in to follow this