DARKest DAys

Do u believe theres a god?

Do u believe in god?  

1. 1. Do u believe in god?

• Science proves there is no god
    • No
    • Yes

OK.

1) You are sorta right, "gay" is sorta Jr Highish.

2) I should have worded my statement differently. I was only trying to point out that for a lot of people that is too much to bother reading when it is posted generally to everyone. When it is posted directly to one person, that is different, which is what I was saying.

3) I still think you are just looking for something to chew on.

My reaction to that experience was initially one of hyperreligiousity, I'd habitually GO INTO "deep prayer" trances that while I was IN the midst OF them ideas LIKE solipsism seemed TO make a lot MORE sense. Believing ALL the fairy tales ARE TRUE, regarding myth AS half remembered legend being half remembered history, the idea that human experience IS the basis FOR ALL communications BETWEEN humans, AND ANY conceivable idea has TO have had a source, ANY idea which EXISTS must AT least be a possibility which can potentially be incorporporated INTO the fabric OF reality, if it has NOT already become so...

AND anyways WHEN you take theism TO the extreme AND believe IN an ALL powerful god TO whom ALL things ARE possible, AND believing this entity intervenes AND plays an active role IN the creation AND uses it AS a form OF expression, wind up thinking there ARE messages IN the television, that characters ARE talking, communicating WITH you, AND that God uses them AS an apparatus FOR achieving God's goals

and anyway after entertaining this illusion for a reasonably prolonged period of time, I'd have TO say that the whole mystical experience has actually reduced my confidence, NOT so much IN the existence OF God OR supernatural powers OF SOME TYPE, but

my self-confidence IS remarkably reduced, WHEN I encounter a phenomenae nowadays I am likely TO avoid altogether attempting TO CREATE a theory TO explain the reasons behind the motion that IS occurring. I'm much more likely to shut my imagination off, not so much doubting, but mis-doubting ...

anyways if you get carried away believing things are not as they seem, and you find out that alot of the things you believed simply do not make any sense, you are likely to condition yourself to just not read into things very much or attempt to search for divine meaning because of the liklihood that you might once again spend 3 days alone in a room meditating upon a rock under the impression that its enchanted properties reveal truths pertaining to the depths of the inner self and anyways nevermind.

do you guys believe that believing in genies is more irrational than believing in Jesus being God and if so then why.

I was thinking that it is probably better to buy coke in bottles than in 20 oz cups or in cans because there is a possibility that maybe one of the bottles contains a genie and you could get some wishes and that would make up for all the extra money spent.

besides you could recycle the bottles and buy more of them...

There is a god, but which religeon is correct (if any) is the harder question. God isn't meant TO be fully understood, but TO those who don't believe, I pity you, for those who do believe, take a long look at your beliefs. I'm Hypocritical IN SOME OF the things I do (pre-marital sex, Substance abuse has been a problem also) but I think many people do the same things. Nobody IS perfect, so NO big deal RIGHT? AND remember, hate the sin, NOT the sinner. (also sanka, I agree that many OF the people who find ALL their TIME TO post here AND say very desecrating things, ARE usually assholes who ARE satanists, Aethiest, militant vegans, AND OF course, assholes)

(pre-marital sex, Substance abuse has been a problem also)

1) There is a such thing as post-marital sex?! I thought all sex ends when you get married...hmm

2) Substance abuse problem? You ran out of substances?

lol CGS, that was hilarious smile.gif Post-martial sex lol. and as far as substance abuse problem, thats a personel matter with some people, some people drink, some people smoke, some snort, it's their own thing. Personally I had TO quit doing ALL such things AS NOT TO lose things that ARE important TO me. smile.gif

if there was proof either way, what would the point of faith?

personally, i don't have enough faith TO be an athiest.

There is a god.. I personally believe in Jesus Christ that he was the son of god and came to earth to die on the cross for our sins. If you think of it like this, After every invention there is a creator behind it..Nothing appears by itself, this big bang theory is non sense i mean how could life become so perfect? Just look around you look at animals or people or the stars! It is too perfect to be made up of one big bang and everything land in the right place and formulate to make these things after billions of years..

I would say the world beyond our lives and and the human civilization...how nature works, the earth orbits the sun, is warmed and nourished by it and how the ozone works, and how there is constant nenewal, etc is all perfect in my mind. Our civilization itself and it`s current events are deplorable and remain in my mind as the sole fault in this otherwise perfect world.

Do I believe in God? Yes.

End of story. Flame away for all I care. No reasoning will change my mind and I only posted to offer some little indirect support to those who also share this belief/knowledge. Although now I've said that, its kinda NO longer indirect. Meh.

The main problem with "GOD" and religion that I have is that those people waste to much time asking for help, or putting faith in everything but themselves. It boggles my mind to think that people actually put so much faith in a fantastical thing. If they/you would use that time and effort on yourself, the world would be a much better place.

To many people think that a simple prayer, or going to church a day can solve their problems, or pay the consequences for them. The more faith you put in other things, the further away from reality you are going.

I've already posted my thoughts ON this way back ON page 1, but I thought this was funny. I stole it FROM somewhere, dunno WHERE, but I laughed.

"Arguing with the ops is like shaking your fist at God. There's nobody there; and if there is, he's not listening. And if he's listening, all you're doing is pissing him off."

Personally I think wald0 has it RIGHT, I don't have the faith in God not existing enough to actually challenge the Almighty.

Hey ya'll. I'm jumpin in on this discussion as the first I've ever poked AT ON this board, AT the invitation OF a good friend OF mine.

AS FOR my person, I'll describe my self as follows... in "christian-ese", a living testimony, a shining light... and in normal english, I'm the kinda guy who inquires INTO every corner OF every room OF intellectuality that I encounter; I pursue Truth FROM the ground up, AND I don't tear my foundations to bits when I've already planted it IN solid ground. (Whew, ok, my metaphore FOR the DAY.wink.gif)

Alrighty... so basically I know that God exists because I interact with Him daily, and I've seen Him do things physically and supernaturally. I know Him, by all intents and purposes. I've travelled the world a bit, as wald0 will testify to the product of my travels in my experience and self-development, and I've seen things most people never dream of, and I've had to question my ideas from the first day I was capable of doing so.

I've spent the last 7 years or so questioning things every day. It took me three years to find the depths of my soul, if you will, and when I found it I pursued the completion of my identity therein. In so doing, I've found the satisfaction of my deepest yearnings, the fulfillment of the core of my being, if you will. My life has changed because of this, as wald0 will again testify, and people around me are blessed by the overflowing of this Truth within most every day.

Truth within, as I've now made reference to it, can not be attained through religion, actually, so long as religion is properly understood. Religion, as the rules and rituals that a man would use to achieve his 'righteousness', is useless. The only thing that can bring a person to Truth (the Almighty, if you will) is an effort put forth by the Truth itself, because the efforts of a person are not sufficient to overcome the effect of past transgression.

To this end, most of modern Christianity is wrong. Their legalism has them blinded into thinking they can do something that will get them to heaven. To the same end, any religion not depending solely on the power of the Almighty (and there is only One) is also wrong. Ultimately, religion, as previously defined, will prove itself wrong. Indeed, only the Truth remains true, because all outside of it will prove false (duh, this is simple), and therein will remain hope, love, and by a definition the world has largely forgotten, faith.

To the atheists, I accuse you of hypocrisy in your own 'logic'... in that infinite improbability and nothingness would provide no grounds, and literally nothing from which to begin, to substantiate (quite literally) the creation and existence of the Universe, and thus cause your primary assumption to be fallacy at its core. Question everything, as you would have us do as well, and do so quite seriously.

To the religious christians/catholics/etc, read your New Testament, truly read it. Know what you claim to believe; and if you don't believe all of it, don't claim that you do.

To those of other religions, keep seeking, you will find the Truth, and only He can fulfill you. To those who knock, the door will be opened; and it's not enough simply to find the door, one must knock.

To those of you who have questioned yourselves, and have found the fulfillment I speak of, the Truth within, I encourage you: walk according to the direction of Truth, abiding by the clarity it brings in understanding the principle by which our lives are driven, and live in the purity of its absolute character.

To Him, He who is Truth, be all glory and honor forever and ever...

To Eternity we live.

Hallelujah.

wink.gif

To the religious christians/catholics/etc,

I find it interesting that you single out Catholics, myself being a semi-practicing one, are we not Christians...

I have no problem with cathlics who honestly seek the Truth. I do believe that many and probably most are "christians", in that they do read the Bible (which they claim to believe), and believe in the monotheistic "judeo-christian" God that it describes. My mention of "religious" in such context was the qualifying condition, and applies just as much to non catholic christians as it does to catholics, but can only be determined on an individual basis.

I honestly meant no offense by it. I also know that many catholics quite specifically differentiate between themselves and protestants, which I actually find fairly anti-biblical, in that I know there are true believers on both sides of that line despite the failure of some to recognize it.

Please take no offense, none was intended.

EDIT:

PS wink.gif The belief mentioned in said monotheistic God should also demonstrate itself. Read James. If someone claims to believe it but clearly doesn't live accordingly, I highly doubt that they truly believe it. Either that, OR their hypocrites, LIKE we ALL have been AND many CONTINUE TO be.

AND TO READ the Bible, which they so claim TO believe, they must NOT ONLY let the words pass through the lenses OF their eyes, but they must grasp, percieve, AND ultimately comprehend AND digest the meaning OF that which the Scriptures present. TO do anything ELSE demonstrates yet another form OF legalism, AND truly IS OF NO VALUE because it makes NO effect ON the life OF the reader. Faith (by the proper definition, mind you) without works, IS dead. [ALL this added 5 minutes after post. enjoy wink.gif]

For some of you ie: Speakerfreaker

Think of the word perfect and the contents it holds.

Everything just fits together, how can you tell me there cannot be atleast a higher power.

How did god even come about of himself? Its the divine mystery of life.

I think some1 said if there is a god look at humanity but without a god the world would be far more worse people find peace with themselves spiritually in religion. religion keeps people on track in their lives.

I think a good portion of the people who don`t believe in some kind of God or higher power do so, because they cannot understand and know why God exists, how and in what form he/she exists. I mean even the word he/she is futile. God is probably above gender and is neither he nor she, but this is the point there are so many questions and so many unknowns and I think that makes some people uncomfortable and in fact scared, so they make themselves feel better by denying the existance of a God or any higher power altogether. Same could be said of some people who claim they believe in a God or higher power. Some do so only to make themselves feel better. You have to remove all the propaganda, all the bias you hold, all the outside influences and really reach within your heart and pull from out of it, what you really feel and believe. Within myself, I find that there is something greater than us. God, a force, some kind of higher power exists.

"Spirit runs through all things..."

Think of the word perfect and the contents it holds.  

Everything just fits together, how can you tell me there cannot be atleast a higher power.

How did god even come about of himself? Its the divine mystery of life.

God is eternal. This means He is, was, and always will be that which exists in the fullness of His character. Nothing created Him, He is the Creator. Eternality is the condition of being and existing beyond the boundaries of time, in the infinite and perpetual acceleration of one's TRUE CHARACTER. AS a result, eternal life, IN His terms, IS the infinite AND perpetual acceleration OF His Life, which we have the opportunity TO have within us, thus making us potentially eternally living. This requires, however, that we acknowledge AND follow according TO the Way, the Truth, AND the Life whom He has presented TO us AND whose death grants us the inheritance OF TRUE righteousness, the product OF trusting Him (TRUE faith), AND thereby eternal life.

If you truly desire TO grasp the existence OF God, rather, His eternality, I advise you TO investigate the concept OF eternity. An accurate understanding thereof isn't simply an infinite series of moments or time, but in fact the lack of time, that eternity is in itself both a moment and the present and the past and the future. It is the culmination of our perception of time in all actions and decisions, and the products thereof, demonstrated and manifested upon one's self IN what IS effectively what we know AS "now", but HAVING effects everlasting. It IS indeed beyond what most people care TO comprehend. SOME would say its a waste OF TIME, others would call it "mind expanding"... I call it one step IN the pursuit OF Truth.

Anyway, ALL OF this IS good, but useless if one does NOT apply a practical product OF such understanding. The genuine product OF the Truth within IS living according TO that which IS RIGHT, rather than that which IS wrong AND OF fallacy. I encourage you ALL TO pursue that Truth, AND THEN act accordingly.

Blessed be the King.

May you ALL find the fulfillment OF your every yearning, so long AS they ARE TRUE TO that which has created you.

I think a good portion of the people who don`t believe in some kind of God or higher power do so, because they cannot understand and know why God exists, how and in what form he/she exists. I mean even the word he/she is futile. God is probably above gender and is neither he nor she, but this is the point there are so many questions and so many unknowns and I think that makes some people uncomfortable and in fact scared, so they make themselves feel better by denying the existance of a God or any higher power altogether. Same could be said of some people who claim they believe in a God or higher power. Some do so only to make themselves feel better. You have to remove all the propaganda, all the bias you hold, all the outside influences and really reach within your heart and pull from out of it, what you really feel and believe. Within myself, I find that there is something greater than us. God, a force, some kind of higher power exists.

\"Spirit runs through all things...\"

I'll try TO keep this simple.

I've dealt with many, probably hundreds of people who think there is a god, people who think there isn't a god, AND people who can't decide. Unless people know that there is a God, they haven't truly sought an answer TO what I believe IS the most important question IN one's life: what made me, what's my purpose, AND how do I accomplish it?

Basically, it boils down TO the fact that people ARE afraid TO be wrong. Normal people LIKE TO be RIGHT, just because they're people and they like the idea of being comfortable in things even if they're based ON blatant lies. If people honestly pursue the Truth, they must be willing TO accept the possibility that they could be wrong. I dare even say that everyone who does genuinely pursue the Truth will find themselves wrong IN SOME aspect OF life, NO matter who they ARE. Humans ARE naturally prone TO being wrong, that's life, that's why we need supernatural intervention.

Thankfully, God IS good AND has provided us WITH a means TO find His Truth, the one complete AND ABSOLUTE Truth, which brings us life eternal AND shows us the way IN which TO pursue AND demonstrate it.

ALL praise be unto Him who created us AND IS our righteousness.

Hallelujah.

the most important question in one's life: what made me,

And the easy answer is.................God went poof and here I am?

No.

My Dad stuck his penis in my Mom`s vagina and moved it in and out until sperm spewed out from the tip and went into the vagina. Millions of the little bastards raced to the egg and I was the fastest one! $ gg for me! After nine months of hitching a ride off ol` Mom and munching on tons of odd foods, I finally decided that I needed to grow beyond the limited space that I had at the time and popped back out the vagina a gazillion times bigger than I was when I went in.

BTW this is most likely how you were made, as well.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this