Sign in to follow this  
Pimp Daddy

Soooooo Disapointed....

Man I come out of exile and what do I see? Besides the fact that people were working me like a newb, only 10 ppl in swz at night? Oh and wtf happened to the Hall of Fame? How are new players going to properly phear me? Mackie I hear your in charge now and you got some 'splaining to do!!

- Pimp Daddy

P.S. For those of you who dont know who I am its probably cause I have been gone from subspace longer than some of you guys even knew it existed...so hah!

Sup pimp d, SWZ has been like this for quite some time now =) And the HoF was taken away since it was a big joke =p

Basically, it's what happens when the person in charge is quite clueless as to what constitutes fun in the game because he doesn't play the game. We just have a puppet for a sysop. Puppets don't have a vision of their own. They get pulled this way and that, and are in general quite confused. It's an uphill battle to try to get things done right.

A swz sysop should be foremost an swz gamer, and a tiny bit swz socialite. Our swz sysop is a swz socialite. It's not a difficult concept: A swz socialite is going to sit there chatting. A swz gamer, on the other hand, would sit there analyzing how setting changes have affected gameplay and would be very reactive to negative impacts. A swz gamer would hate to see gameplay quality go downhill while a swz socialite would not even notice that gameplay quality has gone downhill. The first clue to him is the decrease in population.

Some of the settiing flaws are so obvious it is ridiculous. For example, isnt it obvious that the greens and flags should not be densely clustered in the center?

Does Mackie play much... no. Does Mackie make mistakes... of course he does. Does Mackie keep SWZ running; therefore, alive... yes. For the latter reason I'm siding with Mackie. No matter how many mistakes are made with the settings, at least we still have the zone.

SWZ's population has always been on a downhill slope, even when I first started in like ... Early 2003. I have no idea what would impact the population to where many would start playing more often, but I do play in SWZ a lot, or atleast am in there active enough to respond in a reasonable fashion. It is disappointing that now we're basically down to almost single digits all of the time and I believe something is needed to revert this trend and revitalize SWZ to (hopefully) what it once used to be! In saying this, I believe that:

Mas for Mod -> Smod!

Would be a good decision. smile.gif

QUOTE (Masaru05 @ Dec 29 2005, 07:21 PM)
SWZ's population has always been on a downhill slope, even when I first started in like ... Early 2003. I have no idea what would impact the population to where many would start playing more often, but I do play in SWZ a lot, or atleast am in there active enough to respond in a reasonable fashion. It is disappointing that now we're basically down to almost single digits all of the time and I believe something is needed to revert this trend and revitalize SWZ to (hopefully) what it once used to be! In saying this, I believe that:

Mas for Mod -> Smod!

Would be a good decision.  smile.gif

How about.......................putting the settings back to where they used to be?

I would even dare to say, Old (circa 1996) settings.

Subspace numbers may be going down but that doesn't mean that swz numbers can go down along with it...Even though the subspace numbers may go down there will be a steady (increasingly smaller) income of new players. This doesn't mean we can't make swz to what it once was where there was 90 players in and we ahd 2 caps per team fighting for bases. Nah, swz can be great again but we need a sysop who is one of the players and who knows how the population feels and just doesn't sit in spec on his fat ass...we need a new sysop to get shit done

ok blah blah, everyone is entitled to their opinion but it is not necessary to voice it...over and over again, let's just move on with it.

QUOTE (GForce @ Dec 30 2005, 04:01 PM)
Subspace numbers may be going down but that doesn't mean that swz numbers can go down along with it...Even though the subspace numbers may go down there will be a steady (increasingly smaller) income of new players. This doesn't mean we can't make swz to what it once was where there was 90 players in and we ahd 2 caps per team fighting for bases.  Nah, swz can be great again but we need a sysop who is one of the players and who knows how the population feels and just doesn't sit in spec on his fat ass...we need a new sysop to get shit done

Are you really that incapable of grasping a basic concept or is your head up your ass for the warmth?

I swear, the major problem facing this zone is whineyass little bitches like you.

Um, all gforce really means is taking players from other zones. It's like taking market share - it's a way to grow in a static or shrinking environment, or, in a growing environment, growing faster than overall growth.

It's doable, just hard.

Thank you garath for explaining that hard concept to mackie..I figured with all his large words and complex sentences he woulda been able to figure that one out by himself. Just like we've lost players to others zones Ie: hockey, chaos, etc doesn't mean we can't take their players... So instead of crying because another person called you fat do something

I'm confused.

If everyone wants more population in the zone, the first thing you can do is play the zone. If everyone on this message board played the zone it would be a 10+ player boost. And when one person plays they sometimes drag a few more.

Leviticus

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this