Sign in to follow this  
Leviticus

Zone Down

Oh wtf, not pball too! sad.gif So is it true that Xalimar was hosting these servers from his work? For how long was he able to do this? And Prime ratted him out? Has anyone been able to talk to Xal?

I'm sure someone will host a server at some point. I know chaos will have a server going soon. Its just a question of weither they'll allow other zones to jump on board.

-z

There is a special place in hell for ppl like prime. May he be sodomized by rabid dogs for eternity.

Well, I for one am willing to provide financial assistance. It's not like I can send hundreds of dollars to anyone who is willing to host SWZ, but it's a start.

Considering the present state of Star Warzone, the outcome of the zone is uncertain. On that note, thanks to everyone for supporting swz for as long as you did.

I will do everything in my power to ensure the well-being of all the SSCX zones I've played over the years. I will see about getting our zone hosted on SSCI. The owner of that server and I go back quite some time.

~NR

I think this is the perfect chance to begin the final campaign I've always had in my mind to revive SWZ.

Stage 1: Find a flagging zone that is currently enjoying a healthy population.

Stage 2: Mass migrate to that zone, start being an active participant of it.

Stage 3: Join the staff and rise in its ranks. The more SWZ representatives we have in the staff the better.

Stage 4: Obtain sysop status. Whoever gets it first gets a cookie. smile.gif

Stage 5: Begin the slow and steady transformation of the zone settings to that of SWZ. Use the old settings with the 1-hit-kill bombs cuz the zone needs to keep attracting newbies or it will die out, and impliment capital ships.

Stage 6: Rename the zone to Starwarzone. cool.gif

How much bandwidth/processor power does SSCX require? I'm tempted to replace it myself if such a thing is within the grasp of a grad student's finances...

Just got back today (Sunday) and had 10 ?messages about it.

I never knew he hosted them illegaly all theese years, i wish him goodluck tomorrow with his job and stuff....same goes to Yarekim.

I've been searching for a new apartment more central in my city for some months now and havent found one that i like very much yet. However, i will be moving soon and probably connect myself to this 100/10 Mbit (fiber). Anyone know how much it takes to run 1 (almost dead) zone? tongue.gif

/Slayer

QUOTE (Circle @ Mar 4 2006, 09:34 PM)
I think this is the perfect chance to begin the final campaign I've always had in my mind to revive SWZ.

Stage 1: Find a flagging zone that is currently enjoying a healthy population.

Stage 2: Mass migrate to that zone, start being an active participant of it.

Stage 3: Join the staff and rise in its ranks. The more SWZ representatives we have in the staff the better.

Stage 4: Obtain sysop status. Whoever gets it first gets a cookie. smile.gif

Stage 5: Begin the slow and steady transformation of the zone settings to that of SWZ. Use the old settings with the 1-hit-kill bombs cuz the zone needs to keep attracting newbies or it will die out, and impliment capital ships.

Stage 6: Rename the zone to Starwarzone. cool.gif

w00t

WOOT! Zone is back up now! redownload the server list and get in!

Big thanks to Priitk for getting this going!

again, fck levi i do drv by on my bke

Zone download is not working for me please give me IP and port info. I had to manually add eg for my gf. I am sure others are in the same boat. And for christs sakes post this on the zone news asap. Some of us actually have the main site booked marked and not the forums =)

The download servers do not have current ip/port info if there is a server thats current let me know.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this