Sign in to follow this  
AntShaw

SWZDFL

Hello:

As some of you are already aware (from being asked personally) there seems

to be some very high intrest in having a SWZDFL after the current SWZDL.

About 100 people were asked, and out of that 80% said they would enjoy

participating and playing in SWZDFL. Things are still in the very early

stages due to fact we need to know whether or not YOU will want to be

playing in it. So heres your chance to respond back with how you feel for

everyone to read.

We already have quite a few people on board to make it happen, so there will

be no problem there. As for the rules and settings, those are still yet to

be fully decided (no need to waste time with the minute details if no one is

going to want to play in it anyhow.) Evidently, we learned alot of things

from the previous SWZFL, and remember, this WON'T be SWZFL. Luckily, we have

the CURRENT SWZDL going ON so we can see how things turn out WITH that, AND

learn FROM ANY problems AND things that worked great (i.e. The draft

process.)

We ARE looking forward TO reading your feedback, so hopefully we can ALL

have fun IN playing IN SWZDFL.

AntShaw

Ummagumma

Sentinel

Yea you may have a large majority of those 100 people you asked but are they going to be dedicated, bc when i was asked i said i would probably sign up but not make an effort to make the matches, only if i was there i was there...You may only end up with like 6 teams of 11 or 12 and how many do you really think will show maybe 6 or 7 tops depending on how well the captain gets his players out. The flag games might be slow or just not fun...Personally I don't think you'll have a good league and it will be a failure.

If we want anything to work, we have to start with a positive attitude, especially all the vets. Not to flame you or anything G, but reading something like that can be discouraging and people might actually listen to you and not put any effort into the league. If the co-ordinators say they have that many people, then the league has that much chance of succeeding. So from now on, if we want it to work we have to show positive attitudes.

Draft seems to be the best chance of reviving flagging in this zone, since there aren't enough squads. I don't have any experience myself with leagues, but I'll try my best TO support AND assist.

Having a positive attitude doesn't mean turning a blind eye TO potential roadblocks. G has been involved IN leagues before, AND knows a lot. I'd listen to what he has to say w/regards to potential problems.

the idea is ok, but it will only work with good rules, a good map, a better staff and enough ppl willing to play. doubt that will happen

Gar, thats not what P@ ment. If your 1 of the few ppl that thinks the league is a bad idea than just dont speak.

Im probably going to be coordinator or something for this league. Ummagumma and antshaw has been sorting things out how to get a good league going. But if this league is going to happen depends on the sign ups. If theres not enough i will say no to the league. And if the league is gonna happen, i will make sure it wont be a failure...

-Senti

If that's the way you want it THEN I won't say anything. I was trying to be helpful, I mean, I listen to G and he provided a lot of useful input in the leagues that I've been a part OF. But if your attitude IS gonna be "if you aren't gonna be 100% gung-ho than don't say anything" I'll just keep my suggestions to myself and if everyone else who has pushback points does the same well then good luck to you cuz you'll need it.

As per rules. Wait a lil longer and we will put up a rough workup on what we are going to be working with.

As for now, I will say it will be 1v1. The map will be of a much smaller scale then last SWZFL. We have base/map makers already working on things. We will most likely be using current swz ship settings (no ship rules) sans 7&8 which we are hoping to introduce 2 new ships. Giving that we have enough time to work them out and make sure they are not to over-powering or weak.

We welcome all critiscm as long as it is constructive. Negative or Positive. Most/Some of you know how much work it takes setting up/running a league so we aren't just doing this FOR the hell OF it, we ARE doing it FOR YOU AND ALL the other flaggers that want TO have fun competitve flagging matches once a week.

AS TIME passes we will post MORE info per map/rules/settings/etc. AS seems fit. Again, we welcome ALL suggestions ON things you would LIKE TO see OR NOT see IN this SWZDFL, AS this league IS FOR ALL OF us. If you have NO intention IN participating IN ANY way, your critiscism would be better LEFT TO yourself. But, if you do want TO play AND make this thing happen, we would love TO hear what you have TO say.

Thx IN advance:

Ant

Umma

Senti

gar you see everything black and white, do you?

Im a big fan of critics and i like to give them myself tongue.gif

but sometimes some ppl just talk bad about something without telling how it should be better etc. Those ppl shouldnt say anything if they cant give any arguments.

i didnt say G said bad things or anything. and when i said 1 of the ppl i didnt name any1.

This league will only work if we know what everybody else thinks about it or how they think it should be better. If i make this league like I like it best, than it will probably be a failure. I just liked P@ his post about being positive. Best thing is to tell what sucks and tell how it should be better, thats what i call positive thinking.

And ray, THE LEAGUE WONT HAPPEN WHEN CURRENT LEAGUE IS RUNNING SO DONT PUSH IT WITH THE RULES ALREADY!!! smile.gif

-Senti

I agree 100% with ray unless there are DRASTIC changes compared to previous seasons in rules and in the map and the settings, I am going to be one of those 80% that said yes then turn around and say f this league. Also it's very important TO me that NO noobs OR ppl I don't like run it, slyth and gar I can talk to. They LISTEN to my problems and fix shit or explain logically why something is the way it is. I am not gonna have some newbie asshat who thinks he is big shit cus he is running a league tell me I am wrong, (yes I know I am arrogant to say that).

/JAD

Im sorry to say that you cant not have people voicing their opinions... it may be constructive criticism or not... but it doesnt really matter. If someone says "Your league sucks" you can ignore it but its still there... Im sorry to say if you run something like this that will happen. You cannot and will not shelter yourself or your staff from such things. Just point that all out:)

duds

I think that the draft flagging will be a great idea. This is what this zone was started as, a flagging zone. I think it would be a shame if we didn't have a flagging league OF SOME TYPE.

The draft flagging league IS MORE inline WITH what IS normally being played IN the ZONE. I know alot OF squads expressed that they would NOT play IN a swzfl .So this IS a BETTER alternative .IMO

BTW , alot OF the people that ARE bitching need TO give the draft flagging league a chance AND see what happens .You might even enjoy it .

I know that I never liked SWZL , but I have tryed the SWZDL , AND WITH these settings AND rules I LIKE it .

Ya never know , Give these guys a chance .

Well i have to say alot of people are turning there opinions around now because before no one was interested in a flagging league period.. but now that someone has stepped up and offered to run thise (a couple people actually) lots of people now have changed their mind.... so i say good job to you guys for doing this and keep those comments coming so we can show that more people are interested!

:clap:

It's a positive sign that the individuals behind this idea ARE announcing it well IN advance. It will give a good amount OF TIME TO tweak rules AND take feedback INTO account. Pretty organized approach RIGHT FROM the GET-GO.

Paws is a cute name.

Anyhoo... Im supposed to put a good word in for SWDFL...

Flagging used to be fun, if there is a way you can retap that fun, I'm ALL FOR it.

I've seen leagues, i've given imput for leagues, i forsee that this league isnt going to be a very successful one. Hey, surprise me and work at it make it work! I'd love TO see it, but FROM what IS presented TO the people I feel its NOT going TO be a big hit.

Thank you garath FOR supporting me smile.gif

G

Garath is a machine, he works on logic. When he's NOT typing faster than me IN trivia, he's telling ppl things they should know. Listen to him.[/b]

I don't think anyone IS asking GForce OR garath TO NOT state their opinions. What IS being asked IS that if you have criticism OR concerns about the SWDFL, that you NOT say:

"this or that is going to be a problem and it is impossible to work out, so therefor we shouldn't bother trying"

Rather, it would be preferred that you state ANY concerns you may have, but leave out the part WHERE you say its impossible TO overcome. If you have a solution IN mind, I'm sure it is welcome, but saying that it is impossible to overcome is degrading to the effort, somewhat.

Also, I am very interested in the SWDFL. I await further information, but rest assured, I will make an effort to participate initially and continually provided that the league is well established and/or shows potential to prosper.

reading something like that can be discouraging and people might actually listen to you and not put any effort into the league.

This was my main point, because being the noob that i am, and considering G's greater experience, i was actually discouraged hearing something LIKE that FROM a guru OF leagues.

Keep in mind that aany SWZDL run will require much larger teams than SWZDL. If SWZDL team size is 12 ppl, SWZDFL team sizes will have to be somewhere in the vicinity of 24 ppl, since twice as many ppl would be required to play the matches.

Now if I had enough ppl signed up for SWZDL to make 8 teams of 12, you're gonna have TO make sure that you have many many MORE people sign up FOR this SWZDFL, OR ELSE you're only gonna have 4-5 teams.